Yes, well, this wasn't supposed to post when it did.......I'm "tweeking" it as requested. Here's the thing....see I was trying to multi-task....I had someone on the phone, I was reading (a very interesting biography on an Irish aristocrat named Edward Fitzgerald), I was blogging (clearly not very successfully), I was checking my e-mail (just junk mail wondering if I wanted to become a criminal investigator. Nope, I might find somebody I know.....), and I was attempting to find something to add to my playlist. I suppose that now that I have the time, I'm trying to do everything I never had the time to do during the semesters......Of course, I don't know why I didn't have more time.....seeing all those little over-achievers with their cords and other appurtenances of an apparent profound need for the accolades of the academic world, I realize that I wasn't busy at all....I only thought I was. One individual who received her master's also received quite a lengthy introduction. She accomplished such an academic feat all while being heavily involved in Pollyanna/Tiny-Tim style do-gooder activities and committees (of which she was more likely than not the head), various other community building recreational activities, and, I quote "all while being married!" Well, hip-hip-hooray for you....I recently flushed two dead gold-fish because it was more responsiblity than I was obviously capable of handling. (I'm still upset that I lost 52 cents plus tax on something that lasted less than a week......) My great accomplishment in college was....well, college. I don't think Darwin was really concerned with the style in which the fit survived, just that they survived. They say there is nothing to Paley's theory of inheritance of characteristics (the passing down of certain physical characteristics from one generation to another; characteristics which lend themselves to the preservation and continuation of a certain line), but I think my family's sarcasm gene is primarily what has facilitated our survival. Really, I do. Anyway, all went well with the graduation; meaning, I graduated. With my prevailing sense of optimism, I was fully prepared, and , indeed, expecting some cataclysmic event to occur which prevented my chance to wear the dearly bought, cheaply made nylon muumuu that made me look like one of the missing California Raisins (for those of us who are old enough to remember "The" California Raisins...). Yet, I have to admit, it is a good feeling to finally have graduated. Good in a lost, "now what?" kind of way. "You've graduated!? Good, now, go forth into the world, find something to do. Learn to live on ramen noodles and bologna for years until an actual salary allows you to buy non-pre-packaged groceries. Contribute to this global society. Ameliorate the ills created by said society. Or, if you can't find something productive, at least just go away and leave us in peace." Easy enough for the over-achievers like Pollyanna, not so easy for the rest of us. Oh, well, I suppose at some point I'll find something to contribute......anyone need a sarcasm consultant? No? Darn. Well, for the time being I'll just take my camera and leave the world to itself.....The top one is of the inside of the arch-thing (don't you love my technical architectural terminology?) in the middle of campus.
On the front steps of the theatre. There is something artistic about arches, I think.
I just thought this was interesting. It is the shadow of a tree on the side of the theatre. I just thought it was interesting the way the outline is so defined. I makes it look as if it is painted onto the brick.
Anyway, there it is...doesn't do starving people in a third-world country any good, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.




Congratulations on your graduation!!! =0)
ReplyDeleteI only see one picture (& about 1/4 of the second one). Could you tweek it & repost? Can't wait to see them. Love ya! We're glad that our Aunt Kelly has graduated so that we can have more time with her!!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pictures!
ReplyDeletecongratulations on you graduating. best of luck in the future!
Honors cords are so overrated.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your graduation Kelly!
ReplyDelete