Well, this has definitely been an experience. Frankly, ("my dear, I don't give a..." Only Clark Gable was suave enough to get away with it. Anyway...) I had banked on no one ever seeing my blog. I assumed it would be lost in the vast ocean of communication we now have. In fact, I was rather hoping, in a way, it would; if I had known people were actually going to read it, I may have at least run a quick spell-check. (I found at least one (there are probably more) typo, and that sort of thing tends to irritate me; like noticing someone has mismatched socks or something, it just taps into the "Bree Vandecamp" side of my brain.) Also, I may have tried to say something, rather than blather on with the inane babble I typed. Let me tell you, I was struggling for some sort of cohesive theme, it just runs on and on (sort of like this one).It was more of a challenge to myself, to see if I could get technology to actually do what I asked of it, instead of making me want to rip it out by the socket and throw it on the front lawn and then go invest in Ben and Jerry's buy-one-get-one-free, plant myself in front of the television and watch "Becoming Jane" a couple of times in a row. So, imagine my surprise when I saw, not one, not two, but no less than four comments. This was a revelation, in the fact that I didn't even know people could leave comments. Bear with me, here. I tell you, the excitement was overwhelming, (really, that isn't sarcasm, truly). I have to admit, it is rather enjoyable to be a lemming. It is a bit eerie though, to think your brain (I know, only if you let it) can be peeled like an onion, and laid out in cross-section fashion, for everyone to see what a dork you really are. (Yeah, now that I think about it, that is a rather disgusting metaphor. Moving on...) It gives a sense of the Orwell-ian aspect of our lives. ('1984,' by George Orwell. It makes many good points, but it is honestly one of the most painful books I've ever forced myself to get through. I remember very little of it, aside from the main idea, and the sheer terror and paranoia it inspires. Geez, I wonder what's not to like about it.) I was glad to hear from everyone, though. Now it will be so much easier to be nosy and mind everyone else's business. I have attempted to leave comments for those who left them for me, as well as add them to the side of my blog (whatever the official name for that is) but, alas, I think I have taxed the limits of the burgeoning relationship between the computer and I. So, I thank everyone; I appreciate your support in this "grand transition" in my life, and at some point I will return the favor. I just have to discover that magical combination of rubbing your stomach and patting your head to make it work. I know it probably isn't that difficult, but I am entering uncharted territory (for me, at least) so I'm wa
ndering rather aimlessly at this point. Again, rather like this write-up.
Yep, Emily, I have joined the dark side. And its fun!!! Anyway, with all this unseasonably warm weather, during what should be our fall, I have started wishing for some cooler (note: 'cooler,' not 'frigid, freeze you to the bone, marrow-numbing cold') weather. I do look forward to the occasional dusting of snow we get here. I like it that way-snow in the morning, it is gone by lunch, best of both worlds. So, I had to resurrect some pictures of snow (while I'm sitting here with the AC on full-blast). I also came across the one at the top. Emily 'Tater-bug' (don't ask, I don't know. I don't dispense with the nicknames around here, I just try to avoid earning one.) I had to add it, because, if I do say so, my sister has got one of the cutest freakin' dang kids. Good thing too, it is sometimes her saving grace. I'll post one of Jonathan, as soon as I can get a 'viewer' worthy one. Everyone stay safe and be happy!




How about Kelly Belly? Ha-ha just kidding. I just have to say reading your blog just makes me feel smarter! Thank you thank you. It's funny because when I am reading something and I don’t know what a particular word means I underline it and look it up later. So while I read your blog I use my little highlighter mouse and go over the words that jump out to me. You write so dang beautiful. So this brings me to my conclusion, YOU NEED TO WRITE A BOOK. I think you should start out by the post you put on here and then just go for it. I love you Kelly Rowe. Keep up the fabulous work!
ReplyDeleteHey girl! I blog-stalked my way right into you and I am so excited! You are just as clever and quick as I remembered and I love it! Give our love to your family and that new nephew of yours.
ReplyDeletethat picture of emily really is too sweet. we need to do a photo-shoot!
ReplyDelete