I survived Thanksgiving!!! It was touch and go there for a while, things existed in a very precarious state during various moments throughout the day, but all in all, I am whole, even if not unscathed. One down, one more to go....However, it was a beautiful day, and my family and I were up near Lake Gaston. (There were even hills!!!! I love North Carolina, truly, but the area we live in just looks like it has been leveled out with a wood-planer. If it weren't for the trees it would be, "Look, honey! Guests! Hurry, clean the house; they'll be here in three days!" Anyway...) So, true to form, I took my camera and ran. (Well, maybe not "ran;" I'd just eaten two platefuls of food and two helpings of dessert, so it was more like "mosey and hope no one sees you before your exit strategy can be effectively cut off...") The fresh, crisp, not to mention dead silent air was very refreshing, and my "equilibrium" (definition: mental stability) was soon (somewhat) restor
ed. (I began the day at a deficit, so this was as much as I could feasibly ask for.)
Everyone is probably sick of photos of random things like trees, leaves, old rusty falling apart junk, and the...well, junk...I usually take photos of, but hey, my blog, right? Anyway, here are a few from my time on the front-lines. As you can see, I took my life in my own hands...

And this was just too wonderful a color combination to simply walk by....My favorite is the last, though. We stopped at a gas station just outside Greenville, and I saw it in the field behind the station, begging to be photographed.
So, that was my Thanksgiving, such as it was....Hope everyone else had a wonderful one, with lots of fun, love, and good food!
Everyone is probably sick of photos of random things like trees, leaves, old rusty falling apart junk, and the...well, junk...I usually take photos of, but hey, my blog, right? Anyway, here are a few from my time on the front-lines. As you can see, I took my life in my own hands...
The house in the reflection is my uncle's. If Emily Dickinson lived in a house with a view like this, I can see why she never went out in public for the last years of her life. (And yes, I do know she was agoraphobic and never really left her room, and so my comparison doesn't really hold up...but, again, my blog...I can be as inaccurate as I want. It is a bit too late to worry about making myself sound ignorant, so...)
I came across the next one on my (prolonged) walk. I just thought it was so interesting looking, with the perfectly defined shadow of the smaller leaf on the larger one.
And this was just too wonderful a color combination to simply walk by....My favorite is the last, though. We stopped at a gas station just outside Greenville, and I saw it in the field behind the station, begging to be photographed.
So, that was my Thanksgiving, such as it was....Hope everyone else had a wonderful one, with lots of fun, love, and good food!




"Gorgeous, beautiful, wish you were here."
ReplyDeleteI was in the same place you were and had my camera, so why didn't my pictures turn out like this??? They are beautiful.
Good job, kiddo.
Love your pictures! Everyone on facebook really likes my profile picture, which is a bridal portrait you made. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should be on flickr ;) (and facebook for that matter)
Hey good luck with finals! :) Don't stress! It'll be over soon!
How many times must I say this? You are AMAZING!!! The junk is my favorite! Thank you again for taking an interest in the junk. Love you lady.
ReplyDeleteKelly- I loooooovvvveeeee your slideshow! I especially like the one with the 2 boys and little girl looking over the New Bern waterfront. I think you should go into business. You are truly talented... trust me... you should see my pictures(not good)!
ReplyDelete